Sunday, March 8, 2015

Kellen's Mission

I recently read a book called "Angel Unaware" written by Dale Evans Rogers that we received from Weston's Aunt Joanne. When I originally skimmed the book I had to put it down because I was not quite ready emotionally. The story is similar to ours in some ways but what makes it unique is that it was written from the baby's point of view. It was a very emotional read but it gave me a different perspective. I have known all along that Kellen had a mission and a purpose for his life, but thinking about what he may have thought was really neat. At one point the baby says to God in heaven
"I could have told them this, too, was part of the Plan. But they couldn't know that. They didn't realize You provide certain conditions in order to accomplish some wonderful purpose. A lot of them Down There don't understand yet, Father, that You always have a blessing in mind, in everything you plan."
Hearing these words from this perspective gave me a lot to think about. I struggle in my flesh wanting to understand why this happened. Why my son? I want Kellen with me. But, Kellen had a mission and he completed it in just three days! Even though I am heartbroken without him in my arms, I rejoice that he is home in heaven with no pain. I look at his picture and see his cute little smile and it makes my heart overflow with love. I never knew I could love someone so much. I may never know the reason why and I may never know the details of his mission until I get to heaven but I can see the ongoing impact his life has made on me and those around me. What a privilege it is that I was chosen to be his mother.


1 comment: