Saturday, September 12, 2015

Recorded in Your book

I was reading today in my devotional how everyday was written in God's book. The author was using Psalm 139:16-17 which says "You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me, O God!"
Even the day Kellen passed was written down in His book. When I stop to really think about that I realize how sovereign our God is. Even the day Kellen was conceived and his chromosomes were written were in the book. God knew all. I will not lie and say that God knowing and not intervening never makes me disappointed or even angry... I still wrestle with the "whys?"
But, I know that this was God's plan for Kellen's life and Kellen had a beautiful life.
Yes, Kellen's death seems like a tragedy at times... A baby gone too soon.
But, his life had meaning. His life had purpose. And he is not forgotten.
The day we learned Kellen wasn't well was written in the book too. As well as all the days walking through heartache, anxiety, and fear of the unknown. He had it all written in the book. This was His plan. Kellen's life and death is slowly shaping and molding me into the person God planned me to be. It's difficult and not always pretty but I am a better person because I knew Kellen.
Yesterday was September 11th and I think how that horrific day was recorded in the book too. I think about all the fathers, mothers, sons, daughters, aunts, uncles and grandparents grieving for their loved ones. My heart hurts for them. They are not forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment