Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Kellen's 2nd Birthday

I know this post is a little late coming but I wanted to share Kellen's 2nd Birthday. It's honestly hard to believe it's been two years. Some days it seems like a lifetime ago and others it seems like it was just yesterday.
On Kellen's actual birthday Wes unfortunately had to work and we weren't able to do anything. To be honest, it was a rough day for me. I was mixed with grief and joy over the life Kellen had. I was elated with the birth of Mason yet deep down I am still grieving the brother he would never know... It's a weird emotional state to be in. And I'm not sure it ever fully goes away..
So on what I call Kellen's 'death day' (Jan. 29th) our immediate families (the ones who could make it) released balloons at Kellen's grave. As I stood watching the balloons go higher and higher and eventually disappearing I felt an odd sense of peace.
Afterwards Weston, Mason and I visited an aquarium to celebrate Kellen's life. We wanted to do something fun as a family in remembrance.





 Happy Birthday sweet boy, we love you and can't wait to see you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment