Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter

People had told me that holidays (especially the first year of holidays) are really tough. For some reason I didn't really think this applied to Easter. Maybe because everyday is hard without Kellen and I constantly feel the emptiness inside of me.What I didn't think about was the commercialized part of Easter-- it's all about little kids in cute clothes hunting for eggs. It was difficult to see my niece and my friends' kids. I had to stay off of Facebook so I could make it through the day. I honestly love seeing all my friends' and families' kids but yesterday it was just too much. It's not that I'm jealous or upset that you are enjoying your family, it's just that I miss Kellen. I wonder what our lives would be like and what we would be doing if he was still here.
Easter is a celebration and even though I am walking on this path of grief I am still so overwhelmed by Jesus' saving grace. I am humbled that He would come to save me. Thank you Lord for sending your Son! Happy Resurrection Day everyone!

2 comments: