Friday, April 24, 2015

Wrestling with Trust

A friend gave me a devotional called "The One Year Book of Hope" By Nancy Guthrie shortly after Kellen had passed. This book has daily one-page devotionals that have helped me tremendously. If you are experiencing any kind of loss in your life I recommend this book. It has helped me to keep the lines of communication open with God. In my human-ness I sometimes feel upset and angry because He didn't save Kellen.
Nancy writes in her book "Is it realistic to think that you and I can worship God, not after we've figured it all out, but as our initial reaction to loss in our lives? Job shows us it is. Worshiping God does not require that we understand or approve of what God has allowed into our lives; it simply requires a heart that desires to trust God and a will that is bent toward obedience to God regardless of our feelings."
Let that sink in. I did. For a couple days actually. I can still praise God because He has it all together. Even if I didn't like the outcome, He is still good. He still has a plan. I can still trust God in my brokenness, even if I don't understand.

1 comment:

  1. I love your heart, Diana! God is doing wonderful things in and through you💜

    ReplyDelete