Sunday, October 11, 2015

Capture Your Grief - Day 11 - Glow in the Woods

This day is about recognizing an organization or person that has been instrumental to your healing journey. I have found MANY amazing organizations and have had MANY people speak healing words into my life and I had a difficult time choosing just one.
Today though, I would like to honor Christina, who is the Perinatal Bereavement Coordinator at St. Alphonsus. Christina was the first person to reach out and give me the support I needed. I was about 29 weeks pregnant and had a million emotions. She called me on the phone and introduced herself. She didn't judge or offer platitudes, she helped me come up with a plan on what to do next and said she was there if I needed anything. At a time where I was so lost, so confused, and so heartbroken she helped me go on. And she continued to be there for me during my entire pregnancy, Kellen's birth, and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment