Saturday, December 26, 2015

Christmas

Praise the Lord! A savior named Jesus was born to save the world! 
Christmas is a time of rejoicing the birth of the glorious Redeemer. This is truly something worth celebrating! Because Christmas is usually a time when families gather together to share special meals and give gifts to one another, I think a loved ones' absence can be greater felt. I usually love Christmastime but this year it seems that around every corner hides a reminder that Kellen is no longer here with me. (Not that I had forgotten).  It is like I have been going through the motions, trying to get in the 'holiday spirit' but I honestly just don't feel it this year. For me, this holiday season has been stressful and full of anxiety and no matter how hard I try I cannot seem to shake this empty feeling in my chest. Please don't get me wrong though, I have truly enjoyed spending time with my family and friends. It's just a different kind of Christmas this year.
I participated in a Christmas program earlier this month which was out of my comfort zone but I got to know some amazing people and will cherish the memories forever. The script was fantastic and the choir was beautiful. I pray that all who came were blessed. 
Thank You God for sending Your Son, for that is the true meaning of Christmas. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment